Wednesday, 23 July 2008

The Fruits of My Labour

JULY strawberries
Minimal effort required for this year's (minimal) crop so far. 99% of it has been grown in pots, bags, planters in the tiny bit of space in and around the bunny hutch in our back garden... This is one of the few strawberries that was saved from the slugs and snails. Andy said it was delicious!

JULY blackcurrants
Blackcurrants will be harvested in the next couple of days for a crumble, yum.

JULY beansJULY potatoes
A little way to go for the beans and potatoes. We're going to have a bumper crop, hopefully!

JULY peas
I can personally vouch for the tastiness of the peas ;D

magical courgette
And as for the COURGETTES! Well... lol (please don't laugh at my courgette), we harvested the first one yesterday and I have just made a cake out of it, I will let you know how it turns out! I have been assured that it will not taste like courgette. Here's hoping ;D

Sian :)

2 comments:

Bunny said...

Hey!
I know I don't comment much, but I do read all of your blogs :)
I'm SO impressed with the things you've grown!
I wish I'd have got my arse in gear and done it this year :(
x

Siansburys said...

Yayyy harro :D
Honestly the effort I put into my garden this year has been laughable. Amazing what you can do by chucking seeds in soil though eh?! x