Monday, 14 April 2008

Scooby Dooby Doo, Where Are You?

The eagle-eyed among you may have noticed that I have been a bit quiet recently, both in terms of blogging and adding new items to my shop over on etsy.

Well do not fret, I am still here! For the last few weeks I have been working on a few custom orders, on and off etsy as well as getting ready for the Great Sheffield Art Show selection day, which happened yesterday.

Every year I enter five paintings into the Great Sheffield Art Show, which is, according to their website: "The largest show in the North of England”, attracting over 1,400 exhibits.

These are the paintings I entered this year:

A selection of semi-abstract landscapes/seascapes and the obligatory Sheep Painting. Three out of the five were selected, and these will be available to view and/or PURCHASE (Oh yes) at the Octagon Fri 11th - Sun 13th July 2008.

Not selected were 'Will O' The Wisp' (the green one) and 'The gull who flew highest' (the one with the seagull), which will be for sale sometime soon via my new UK store on bigcartel. I am very excited about bigcartel, by the way!

Anyway, back to the custom orders. Monkey listings on etsy and entries this blog will continue to run a little slow for the next couple of weeks, so please contact me if there's something you would like to see or if you would like to discuss custom orders.

In the meantime, please make sure you follow Monkey on his adventure across North America - he left Winnipeg today after a visit to CBC Radio Manitoba, I trust you tuned in to hear Lisagh talking about it! Wasn't she awesome? I can't wait to see how Monkey gets on!

Sian x

No comments: