Friday, 29 February 2008

Monkey Post

When I was a kid my best friend had a Post Office 'set'/toy/game thing. It was pretty rubbish but I thought it was amazing. I used to love playing games like that, filling in pretend forms and stamping stuff (lol! who am I kidding, I still love playing those games). If only working in a real Post Office was such fun... I don't imagine it is though.

So anyway I the new improved Siansburys Post Office is open for business today. Below is a picture of some of the new Sianburys envelopes and stamps. The top one is the prototype that I printed before I set the stamps onto woodblocks, so the stamps are a bit smudgy. I am writing this to fill in a bit of time while the glue sets and I can make proper ones.



*update* oooh look here's some finished ones :)

15 comments:

Helen said...

Hehe - they are fantastic!
I loved playing post office when I was little too :D

Moocow said...

I love them like a fat kid loves cake :)

Clothcat said...

Ha, ha those are so cool! I loved playing post office as a young'un.

Jennifer Rose said...

those are great! I don't think we had a post office play set. Had a bank play set, with money that I thought was real at the time lol

Are you actually going to use them as envelopes?

Siansburys said...

Yay thanks guys!

Yep fuzzy I send out a card with all my monkeys so I will use these ones for that. I will make some ones without the stamp ect for use as 'normal' envelopes :)

and oooh bank set mmmm
the nearest we got was making our own library cards and shelving/lending system

debsmuddle said...

Great idea I love it

bee said...

ohhh how cool are they :)

lostintheforest said...

They're amazing!! :)

Rocki's Rock 'n Beads said...

Those are perfect! You are so very talented :)

KMCdesigns said...

Those are awesome! How did you make them? I *need* some :D

Cherry Runway said...

I used to play post office too! :)

Did you make these stamps?

Tizzalicious said...

I love them! Fantastic!

KMCdesigns said...

Hello sian,
you've been tagged!
Rules are;
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog. 2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. 3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. 4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Moopf said...

These are great Sian!

PS. I've tagged you on my blog http://moopf.wordpress.com/ - The rules are: 1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog. 2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. 3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. 4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Siansburys said...

Hhaha thanks for the taggage

Yep for those that asked, I did make these stamps myself using carving blocks, linocutters and wood to mount them on, et voila! x